At SR Consulting, we work with businesses, tailoring solutions to meet their specific needs and to do so we will need to collect and process personal data, and this document explains how we go about this important aspect of our business and in a way that you would expect protects your personal data and privacy whilst recognising the requirements of the latest legislation.
Please read this document carefully as it contains important information for you.
Why we collect personal data
SR Consulting needs to collect and process personal data like yours so that it can:
- Deliver its agreed services to its clients
- Ensure the effective running of the business;
- Meet its legal obligations, such as with financial records; and
- Carry out its own marketing to develop and grow the business
SR Consulting collects personal data like yours directly, for example, from its clients, contractors, associates and business contacts in the course of its normal business activities. SR Consulting believes it can process the collected personal data it collects because it:
- Has obtained the necessary consent from you in an appropriate manner as needed;
- Is necessary to the development and delivery of a contract or agreement to supply specific services to a client;
- Is needed to comply with a legal obligation faced by the business; or
- Is carried out for a legitimate interest of the business, such as its own marketing activities.
Where SR Consulting has sought your specific consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time simply by contacting us as described in the subsequent section entitled “How we recognise your rights”.
What personal data we collect
SR Consulting typically collects from you, clients, and others the full range of standard personal identifying data sets, such as:
- Business/organisation name and job title;
- Postal address, email address, telephone numbers, social media and website addresses;
- Where appropriate standard employment related personal data.
In addition, SR Consulting will as the client requires, collect additional personal data to meet that client’s operational needs. SR Consulting does not normally collect personal data that can be aligned with any special or similar categories, that is especially sensitive personal information; if it is necessary to process such data to meet the client’s needs then special arrangements will be agreed with the client in advance.
SR Consulting’s clients on occasions ask it to carry out specific activities on their behalf, and as such SR Consulting processes the personal data that the clients have collected and sent to it. In such cases SR Consulting will always ensure that the clients will send to it only the minimal personal data needed to carry out that specific activity to be analysed.
What we do with your personal data
SR Consulting uses the personal data it collects, processes and retains to:
- Provide to its clients the services it has been commissioned to carry out;
- Invoice its clients for the services provided;
- Pay its suppliers for goods and services received;
- Meet its legal obligations as a private limited company; and
- Market its own business.
Where a client has provided SR Consulting with personal data to carry out a specific task on its behalf then SR Consulting will only use that personal data for that task, and only retain that personal data whilst that specific task is active.
How we protect, store and dispose of your personal data
SR Consulting protects your personal data that it collects, processes, stores and retains by:
- Employing a level of security at its facilities and on its equipment appropriate to the data protection risk;
- Only using software products from reputable providers;
- Carrying out all its banking activities via its on-line account;
- Disposing of all confidential paper waste by using a specialist shredding contractor; and
- Putting in place all reasonable organisational steps to ensure the integrity of such personal data.
SR Consulting will only keep your personal data for as long as you are one of its clients. After you stop being a client, SR Consulting may keep your data longer for one of these reasons:
- To maintain records so as to meet any legal obligations that apply to it; and
- To try to resolve any issues that may arise, such as any queries or complaints.
SR Consulting will carry out a data cleansing exercise every year to remove any personal data that it no longer needs.
How we recognise your rights
As a data subject you have certain rights. If you wish to access any of these rights, then please contact SR Consulting either via its contact form on its website:
It would be helpful to use the heading “Subject Access Request” in the form’s “Subject” Field.
Or by writing to SR Consulting at:
SR Consulting Ltd
Haines Watts – Aylesbury,
Again, it would be helpful if you would mark your letter with the heading “Subject Access Request”.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how SR Consulting has used your personal data please get in touch using the contact form described in the section above, or by writing to the address above. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details are on their website:
SR Consulting may wish to provide you with information about some of the services it provides or is planning to provide to its clients. SR Consulting will only do so if it has your consent to do so or it considers such an activity is in the legitimate interests of the development of its business, such as if you are an existing client. If SR Consulting does contact you on such a basis then it will always offer you the opportunity to tell it that you do not want to receive any further such information.
There may be links to other websites contained within the SR Consulting pages and we are not responsible for the content and cookies they may use.
If you would like to find out more about what cookies are and do, please visit: http://www.whatarecookies.com/